Factory Visit Program to Dong Tam Water Plant, Tien Giang Province


Date & Place: 10th October, 2023, HCM city

Basic information about Dong Tam Water Plant:

  1. Name of project: DONG TAM WATER CORPORATION
  2. Location: Tan Thuan Hamlet, Binh Duc Commune, Chau Thanh District, Tien Giang Province, Vietnam
  3. Investor: DNP Water Investment Joint Stock Company (DNP Water)
  4. Total investment capital: VND 2,095 billion
  5. Design capacity: 500,000 m3/day
  6. Beneficiary: Water supply to 3 provinces in the Mekong Delta: Tien Giang, Long An and Ben Tre.
  7. Types of Business: Water extraction, treatment and supply; installation of water supply and drainage systems; construction of various kinds; Construction of other civil engineering works; wholesale of materials and other installation equipment in construction (specialized in water)
Time Activity Address
7h30 Pick up the delegation at the main lobby of Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center (SECC)

The journey from Ho Chi Minh City to Tien Giang province is about 60 Km

799 Nguyen Van Linh Avenue, Dist 7, HCM City


9h30 The delegation arrive the factory, the delegation will have a meeting to discuss with the leaders and visit the factory:


Tan Thuan Hamlet, Binh Duc Commune, Chau Thanh District, Tien Giang Province, Vietnam
10h45 The delegation will leave the factory and go to lunch at Mekong Rest Stop Tien Giang Restaurant to enjoy the country and river cuisine. Km 1964+ 300 National Highway 1A, Chau Thanh District, Tien Giang
12h00 Go back to HCM City  
14h00 Arrive Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center (SECC) 799 Nguyen Van Linh Avenue, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City.

Register fee: 80 USD (equivalent 2,000,000 VND)
(This fee included transportation, lunch, Interpretation in English and tour guide service fees)
Deadline to register: 26th September, 2023
How to register:

  • Step 1: Send email to register your participation to email: [email protected]
  • Step 2: Make the payment with banking Information below:
    Beneficiary Name: SES Vietnam Exhibition Services Co., Ltd.
    Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank (Vietnam) Limited.
    Bank Address: 10th Floor Saigon Trade Center, 37 Ton Duc Thang, Dist.1, HCMC, Vietnam.
    Bank Account No: 37322328002 (USD) or 90322328001 (VND) SWIFT code: SCBLVNVX Citad: 79604001
  • Step 3: Please send the bank transfer slip to email: [email protected] to confirm your participation.

Overview Information of Dong Tam- Tien Giang Water Plant


In order to ensure the supply of adequate surface water sources for domestic and production purposes; overcoming the situation of salty water; replacing groundwater resources that are seriously declining due to overexploitation in the Mekong Delta.

Total investment capital in phase 1 is VND 2,095 billion, of which, the enterprise’s own capital accounts for 30% and the remaining 70% is loans and other lawful capital sources. The capacity of phase 1 (in 2021) is 300,000 m3/day and night and will be raised to 500,000 m3/day and night in phase 2 expected in 2025.

The plant uses Tien River surface water and wholesale raw water through the master meter for existing and future water plants along the regional transmission pipeline in 3 localities of the River Delta: Tien Giang, Long An and Ben Tre.

Details of project:

Phase 1, the project will build a pumping station with a capacity of 300,000 m3/day located in Cai Be district (Cai Be pumping station) Tien Giang province; set up booster pump station No. 1 in Cai Lat district (Cai Lat pumping station) with a capacity of 300,000 m3/day; booster pump station No. 2 at Dong Tam water plant (Dong Tam pumping station) with a capacity of 250,000 m3/day.

The project of building 6 main pipelines to transfer water from Cai Be pumping station to places of the above 3 localities with a total length of 97.8 km. In particular, the largest main pipe diameter is 1.4 meters and the smallest is 0.4 meters.

Regarding the water consumption of the project: 3 localities (Tien Giang, Long An and Ben Tre provinces) representing water supply units under provincial management signed contracts to offtake water output from the project.

The output of water supply units that must receive raw water from the project is expected to be at least 75% of the maximum output registered with the project each year, but must not be lower than 50% of the average monthly output in any month.

The average annual intake volume is adjusted to increase by at least 5% compared to the previous year, but not exceeding the actual retail output of the receiving unit.

DNP Water Group was established in 2017, is a unit specializing in investing in the water industry under DNP Corp (Dong Nai Plastic JSC). DNP Corp was established in 1976, organized under the model of an investment holding company, consisting of many member units, focusing on two strategic industries: plastics and clean water.



Vietwater Expo & Forum